Continuing Education and Tax Conferences
1. Members receive a discount on all PAAK sponsored seminars.
2. New Members receive a $50.00 coupon to be used on any seminar in the first year after they join.
3. Seminars are sponsored in all areas of the state, including Garden City, Topeka, Wichita and Kansas City.
1. Active Legislative Committee that monitors tax legislation as well as "right to practice" issues.
2. Lobbyist, Dick Carter, brings professional direction to legislative matters.
3. Our Legislative Social is an annual opportunity to converse with legislators from around the state.
1. The Liaison Committee meets regularly with representatives from the IRS, KDOR, SOS and others.
2. You have the opportunity to present this Committee with concerns and issues you have with these agencies.
3. The Liaison Committee represents your concerns with state and federal agencies.
PAAK Annual Convention
1. First time Convention attendees receive the registration fee free.
2. This year's Convention will be in Dodge City, KS, September 20-23.
3. The Annual Installation Banquet and dance is where Association Officers and Directors are installed.
Support Annual Scholarships
1. The 3rd Annual Michael R. Olivier (President 2001) Memorial Golf Tournament will be May 14 at Colbert Hills to benefit:
2. the Floyd E. Lietz (President 1970) Scholarship Fund. This fund managed by the Scholarship Committee awards scholarships annually to juniors and seniors with Accounting Majors at statewide Universities and Colleges.
Kansas Public Accountant - Newsletter
The Kansas Public Accountant
314 S Broadway ~ PO Box 2732 ~ Salina, KS 67402-2732
(785) 827-PAAK (7225) ~ FAX: (785) 827-0283
E-mail: email@example.com ~ website: www.paak.org
Joyce E. Schartz, Administrative Secretary
ARTICLES IX – Code of Ethics
Section 1: It shall be the duty of the Board of Directors upon the recommendation of the Professional Practice Standards & Ethics Committee to approve and publish a Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct. The National Society of Public Accountants Guide to Professional Ethics is hereby made a part of this section.
Section 2: No descriptive adjectives or words other than “Certified” and/or “Licensed Municipal” are allowed in conjunction with the title “Public Accountant” in printed titles, letterheads, business cards or any other printed materials.
Section 3: It is unethical for any member, except the holder of a permit to practice as a Certified Public Accountant, to issue a report on financial statements that references the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
ARTICLE X – Rules of Audit and Accounting Standards
Section 1: The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Rules of Audit Standards are hereby adopted as the Rules of Audit Standards of this Association.
Section 2: The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Rules of Statement for Accounting and Review services are hereby adopted as the Rules of Accounting and Review Services of this Association.